In today’s job market and economic climate, many people have found themselves homeless or on the verge of homelessness. In response, Share & Care House has expanded services/programs to include Rapid Rehousing programs for individuals and families with children plus permanent supportive housing for chronically homeless individuals and families. In need of housing assistance? Contact Access Point 4 Housing @ 253-682-3401 for coordinated entry, assessment, and referral to appropriate program.
Lifeline-Rental & Utility Assistance:
Share & Care House with funding received through Pierce County Community Connections/Department of Commerce is taking applications referred by Access Point for Housing (AP4H) for Rent & Utility assistance for Pierce County DSHS, MCS recipients who do not receive cash benefits.
All applicants MUST currently be DSHS/HEN eligible, At-Risk of Homelessness or currently Homeless, and MUST contact AP4H at (253) 682-3401 for a referral to Share & Care House, before application into this program can begin. Once AP4H has referred DSHS/HEN eligible recipients to Share & Care House, applicants may come to one of our Pierce County offices. Tacoma Office Tuesdays & Thursdays between 9:00am – 4:00pm. Puyallup Office Monday, Wednesdays, & Fridays 11:00am – 3:00pm. Applicants need to bring as much of the following items with them as is possible:
- Valid identification.
- Most recent utility bill, late notice, or shut-off notice (when applicable)
- Signed lease &/or landlord documentation which clearly indicates physical address of rental property, property owner’s name, rent amounts or
- Pay-or-vacate or eviction notices (when applicable)
- Landlord contact information, including phone numbers and address.
- Your contact information including emergency contact person information.
Application into this program does not guarantee rent &/or utility assistance.
Independence House of Puyallup:
- Supportive Housing for chronically homeless disabled families within a two bedroom duplex in Puyallup, Washington.
- Case Management to assist the families as they navigate the available options which will help them to regain their personal independence.
- Rental & Utility assistance for up to one year for individuals and families with children who are homeless.
- Program Navigators to assist the families as they pursue the available options which will help them to regain their personal independence.
- In this program, participants select where they will live and enter into a lease with their landlords. With permission from the participants, Share & Care House works with the landlords to increase the participants’ eligibility for housing. The property is then inspected to insure that all health and safety requirements are met.
Long term stable and permanent housing is the ultimate goal for individuals and families participating in Independence House of Puyallup and Independent Families programs.
Independent Housing Opportunity & Collaborative Housing:
- Supportive Housing provided in Puyallup, Washington.
- Program Navigator to assist the individuals as they pursue the available options which will help them to regain their personal independence.
- Applicants must be chronically homeless disabled individuals of Pierce County with income less than 50% area medium.
- Eligible individuals can contact AP4H for initial assessment and referral to this program.
Long term stable housing is the ultimate goal for individuals participating in Independent Housing Opportunity and Collaborative Housing programs.
Contact Access Point 4 Housing @ 253-682-3401 for coordinated entry, assessment, and referral to program which best fits you.