In today’s job market and economic climate, many people have found themselves homeless or on the verge of homelessness. In response, Share & Care House has expanded services/programs to include emergency and transitional housing for families with children. In need of housing assistance? Contact Access Point 4 Housing @ 253-682-3401 for centralized intake, assessment, and referral to appropriate program.
Lifeline-Rental & Utility Assistance:
Share & Care House with funding received through Pierce County Community Connections/Department of Commerce is taking applications referred by Access Point for Housing (AP4H) for Rent & Utility assistance for Pierce County DSHS, MCS recipients who do not receive cash benefits.
All applicants MUST currently be DSHS/MCS eligible, At-Risk of Homelessness or currently Homeless, and MUST contact AP4H at (253) 682-3401 for a referral to Share & Care House, before application into this program can begin. Once AP4H has referred DSHS/MCS eligible recipients to Share & Care House, applicants may come to one of our Pierce County offices. Tacoma Office Tuesdays & Thursdays between 9:00am – 4:00pm. Applicants need to bring as much of the following items with them as is possible:
- Valid identification.
- Most recent utility bill, late notice, or shut-off notice (when applicable)
- Signed lease &/or landlord documentation which clearly indicates physical address of rental property, property owner’s name, rent amounts or
- Pay-or-vacate or eviction notices (when applicable)
- Landlord contact information, including phone numbers and address.
- Your contact information including emergency contact person information.
Application into this program does not guarantee rent &/or utility assistance.
Independence House of Puyallup:
- 90-Day emergency housing provided in a newly renovated two bedroom duplex in Puyallup, Washington.
- Case Management to assist the families as they navigate the available options which will help them to regain their personal independence.
- Rental & Utility assistance for up to one year for families with children who are homeless or in imminent danger of becoming homeless.
- Program Navigators to assist the families as they pursue the available options which will help them to regain their personal independence.
- In this program, participants select where they will live and enter into a lease with their landlords. With permission from the participants, Share & Care House works with the landlords to increase the participants’ eligibility for housing. The property is then inspected to insure that all health and safety requirements are met.
Long term stable and permanent housing is the ultimate goal for families participating in Independence House of Puyallup and Independent Families programs.
Independent Housing Opportunity:
Long term stable housing is the ultimate goal for individuals participating in Independent Housing Opportunity program.
Contact Access Point 4 Housing @ 253-682-3401 for centralized intake, assessment, and referral to program which best fits you.